Saturday, June 20, 2020

EXITS (Part 2) - KW Escape - Remote

"Please, may I have some more?"


If you're not familiar with my reviews, click here for some notes and definitions...
Room name:
EXITS (Part 2)
Location:
KW Escape, Waterloo (https://kwescape.ca/)
# of Players:
1-8 (Played with 7)
Duration:
60 min
Multi-Room:
Interface & Controls:
Remote play (Zoom), Dedicated website, 360° viewer
Language:
English
Hints:
Special (Delivered in person by an in-game character)
Tally:
26 Locks, 25 Deductions, 18 Tasks
Official Description:
I have arrived at KW Escape 1 hour before my interview. I asked to use the restroom, but decided to snoop around instead. I opened a door to a room with multiple exits. Hmmm, I wonder where these doors lead to? OH NO! The door behind me has slammed shut and I can't seem to get it open. These doors are all locked, how do I get out? I have to get back to the lobby for my interview, I really need this job! I think I can share a Zoom meeting with you and your team and I've also found a 360° view of this room. I could really use your help!
Played in:
Spring 2020
Made it?
YES - With about 5 minutes left - no hint received
Verdict:
Well, here we go again! We had so much fun playing the first "version" of this game that we just had to go for the second, especially since the "fixed price" does wonder on a family budget. 😁
Alas, I'm not sure that I have anything to say that I haven't already. Once again, this is another fun "puzzlefest" that would work particularly well with families and newcomers. Although my tallies would suggest that this second room as a bit more to do, I don't think it's necessarily the case - some of the puzzles can be solved can be solved very quickly, so it evens out.

This is what the 360° viewer looks like
Voici de quoi à l'air la vue panoramique
Since we played, the company has (finally!) been opening its doors to the public, so if you're in the Waterloo area, I'm sure they'd be worth a visit. I also know that additional rooms are available. I'd be curious to see if they're as "theme-light" as those first rooms were...
Lessons Learned (or re-learned):


Poster thématique tirée du site web
Flavor poster from their website


Si vous n'êtes pas un habitué de ce blog, cliquez ici pour quelques explications et définitions...
Nom de la salle:
EXITS (Partie 2)
Emplacement:
KW Escape, Waterloo (https://kwescape.ca/)
# de joueurs:
1-8 (jouée avec 7)
Durée:
60 min
Salles Multiples:
Interface et contrôles:
Jeu à distance (Zoom), Site dédié, Visionneuse 360°
Langue:
Anglais
Indices:
Spécial (Donnés en personne, par un personnage en jeu)
Décomptes:
26 verrous, 25 déductions, 18 tâches
Description officielle:
(Voir version anglaise)
Jouée durant:
Printemps 2020
Réussie?
OUI - Environ 5 minutes restantes - aucun indice reçu
Verdict:
Bon, on remet ça! Nous avons eu tellement de plaisir avec la première "version" de ce jeu qu'il était clair que nous allions faire la seconde, d'autant plus que la politique de "prix fixe" fait beaucoup de bien à un budget familial. 😁
Hélas, je ne suis pas trop certain d'avoir quoi que ce soit à dire de plus. Encore une fois, voici un "tas d'énigmes en vrac" qui devrait fonctionner particulièrement bien avec les débutants et les familles. Même si mes décomptes pourraient laisser croire qu'il y a un peu plus à faire dans cette seconde salle, je ne crois que c'est vraiment le cas - certains énigmes peuvent se résoudre très rapidement, alors tout ça s'équivaut.

Our partner - I bet she'll get that job after all
Notre partenaire - je soupçonne qu'elle va l'avoir, ce poste
Depuis notre visite virtuelle, l'entreprise a (enfin!) pu ouvrir ces portes au public, alors si vous passez dans la région de Waterloo, je suis sûr qu'une petite visite en vaudra la peine. Je sais aussi que d'autres salles sont maintenant offertes. Je serais bien curieux de voir si celles-ci sont aussi "thématiquement légère" que ces deux premières salles...
Leçons à retenir (ou à réviser):

No comments:

Post a Comment